Thursday, October 14, 2010

Finished my exam!

So, yesterday I went all the way across town after leaving work early (not the day to do it either, but it just worked out that way) and I drove over to the Pearson Vue testing center to take my State of Florida licensing exam. One hour and forty five minutes after arriving I was a Licensed Real Estate Agent! That's right... I PASSED! I was so excited I didn't know how to react. It was also kind of unexpected.
I came to the exam expecting to have to wait a few days or even weeks after the exam for the result, but a prompt in the beginning informed me I would get my results immediately... I don't like surprises before big exams, haha. So I spent a few dozen boring minutes reading, clicking, and calculating, then going back to double check and not changing a single one of the 100 answers. At the end, it asked me some survey questions and then informed me then exam was over and reset. Man was I concerned and confused...
Then I walked out, collected my things out of the locker (which reminded me of when I visited someone in jail), and waited for my receipt, when out prints a paper with a horrible picture of me that said in very small print "PASSED".
Stupidly, I stared at the woman with a blank look and asked "I passed?" she picked up the paper, turned it around, glanced it down, placed it back in my hands and replied "Yep. Good job." before I had a chance to flinch in an attempt to avoid a paper cut.
After that I nearly tripped over myself trying to leave, and I reached for my pocket to call people.... It wasn't there.... ...I stopped to turn around... Then remembered they require you to keep your phone in your car.
The next few minutes were a blur of congratulations and happy friends, family, and loved ones. It wasn't until I got home that I really was truly able to realize... I am a Licensed Real Estate Agent. This is going to mean so much for my life. I am really going to be able to pursue the things I want, when I want, and not on anyone else's terms. One big step towards becoming a more fully objective and independent human. I will find ways to be an objectivist in real estate and in my life as a result of having a real career.
Thanks to everyone who encouraged me and helped me see a hidden passion that I am turning into a talent and career, especially you Kevin. I love you.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment