Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Welcome to me!

So, I am happy to launch my latest attempt to communicate with the online world. This time, I am doing it for my sake, and not for others.
I would like my friends to read it, and making new friends would be nice, but that is not why I am blogging this time. Today, I am writing for me. For my own sake. For my entertainment, for my sanity, for my past, and for my future.
This blog will not focus on any one topic, but will me centered around thing, me.
If this blog were the Milky Way Galaxy, and the topics posted were stars, I would be the mega-black-hole in the center, revolving everything around and drawing everything inevitably to me.
Call me self-centered. Call me an egotist. Call me whatever you wish. Just back it up with objective fact. I am an objectivist, and reason is what moves me and determines my philosophies. Some posts will be about my journey in this school of thought and wrestling with undoing the programming of a life time of self-abasement, self-flagellation, and self-sacrifice for the sake of others. I will only give one thing for something of greater value. All my actions MUST somehow improve me or my situation on earth. If they do not, then they are wrong and I will do my best to refuse them.
Please, challenge me on this if you see it necessary. I am still new to objectivist living, and applying it's virtues to daily life can be a challenge. If you see a hypocrisy in my words, tell me. If you disagree with me, say so. We can only grow through a rational exchange of ideas.
Stay rational!

No comments:

Post a Comment